Oct 18, 2011

Sun, mangos and a turtle

This past weekend was a long weekend in Colombia (Monday was some kind of holiday) so me and Juan and some of his friends decided to escape from the city and get some sun :)

Bogotá is very high up (about 2600 meters) so we only had to travel about half-way down the mountains to reach some warm weather. We spent three day by the pool and in the sun (and of course I burned a little bit because I keep forgetting that we are almost at the equator even if it's not that hot).

I also had a lot of fresh mango! I love it so much! It's sweet and fresh and very different from the mango you get in Sweden. And mango trees are pretty!

We saw a turtle, a real wild turtle! It was very cool! And I was surprised how quick the turtle was, it just ran away! I don't think I've ever seen a wild turtle before. Tortuga!

A picture of the turtle we saw!

I also got to spend some time with Juan's friends which was nice even if they mostly speak Spanish. I've heard a lot of Spanish this weekend. It's a little boring to sit and listen to conversations where you have no idea what's going on so instead I read a book. Before I left Sweden my wonderful aunt and cousin got me some early birthday gifts, including the book "En dag" ("One Day") by David Nicholls. That's the book I brought with me and I actually ready the whole book during this weekend, it's amazing! I can really recommend it to everyone! Or if you don't like reading you can see the movie "One Day" with Anne Hathaway that is out now in the US and should be out soon in Sweden and Colombia.

Thanks for the book! 


<3

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie,
    hopefully mosterproster finally learned how to do this =)
    Glad you liked the book, must read it and the perfume ... it may be enough to seduce any man, just love it! Back home is now winter tires on, you never know when things get slippery. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey moster!

    Great that you figured out how to leave comments! It's always fun to know that people are reading the blog :)
    You really should read the book, I think it's exactly the kind of book that you would like. And it's more fun to see the movie if you've read the book first!

    Here in Colombia there is no such thing as winter tires, that makes me very happy haha.

    Miss you too! <3

    ReplyDelete