Oct 20, 2011

Granadilla

Spanish classes are working out great so far and I'm learning a lot! Today we talked about different professions and I learned things like "Cuál es tu profesión?" and "Soy abogada", so that might be very useful. However I had to be there at 7 in the morning instead of 8 because my teacher had a medical appointment later. Waking up at 5.30 is not that great...

When I got home I was a little lazy and got into bed again and watched one episode of Downton Abbey, I love it! Great British series set in 1912 in a big house on the English countryside. The cast is great including Maggie Smith (aka Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter).

Other than that I've just been working on my thesis, I've almost written 10 pages now and I'm starting to realize that the problem might not be to write 70 pages but to actually limit myself to 70 pages.

Since this update is not very exciting I thought I would write a little about my favorite Colombian fruit: Granadilla!

I had granadilla for the first time in August and I think it's absolutely amazing. The fruit is almost round and it is yellow/orange. The outside is hard, almost like a shell, and you have to use your thumbs to open it up and break it in two pieces. Inside there are a lot of small seeds in a white "slime". (That doesn't sound great, but trust me, it's awesome). In a way it is similar to passionfruit in that you eat the "slime" and the seeds and nothing else. It's very sweet in flavor and I actually think the texture of it is quite appealing too. You can read more about granadilla here.

Granadilla!

I don't think Granadilla is very common in Sweden, but if you see it you have to try it!

<3

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, good that you struggle with your Spanish, soon, you are trilingual, incredible!
    Wonderful that you enjoy the world's most dangerous city, your aunt is always a little worried. View your and Casper / Andreas blog each day:) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey moster!
    Yes the Spanish is a bit of a struggle but I'm enjoying it a lot! And I'm also enjoying living with Juan in Bogota :) He says hello!
    Thank you again for the birthday gifts before I left. I wore the perfume on my actual birthday :) It's smells so good! Hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete