Last week I walked two times from the flat to my boyfriend's office and it's surprising how quick I've forgotten about the traffic in Bogota. This city is not designed for pedestrians and it's often difficult to cross the street. Most of the time there are no pedestrian crossings so you just have to run across the street when there is a gap between the cars (and no driver will ever stop for a pedestrian). Even in places where there is a pedestrian crossing and the cars have a red light you have to be very careful, because especially cab drivers seem to view the red light as more of a suggestion and they might not stop...
Other than that I love my walks in Bogota because the weather really is beautiful. Sunny and warm but not too hot. Perfect for walking in jeans, t-shirt and maybe a light cardigan. :)
Although I have to be careful and not walk too quickly because it's very easy to forget the high altitude (2600 meters above sea level) and then you'll end up not feeling well.
Yesterday me and my boyfriend went out and had empanadas for lunch, I love it! The empanadas we had are made out of a corn dough that is stuffed with a potato mix and then fried, and then you eat it with a peanut sauce, it's delicious!
I think this recipe
here (in English) is very similar to the empanadas that we ate, if anyone is feeling brave enough to try it. :)
Mmm..ser gott ut! Bra att veta att trafiken är loco. Verkar än mer galen än i Buenos Aires, där fanns det iaf övergångsställen =) Kram Elin
ReplyDeleteHi dear
ReplyDeleteyummy, it looks lovely, craving for peanuts
however be careful in traffic, sounds a bit risky with color-blind colomians =)
great with fresh baked bread
have two weeks left for the exam, plenty of fun to learn about law
kiss kiss mosterproster
YUM! That looks delicious!!
ReplyDelete