Oct 12, 2011

Arequipe!

Arequipe is pretty much the most amazing thing ever!

I was first introduced to arequipe when I was in Colombia in January and since then I have loved it with all my heart. Arequipe is a sweet caramel dessert that you can eat with a lot of stuff. I love it on waffles. Or slightly warm on ice cream. Or arequipe flavored ice cream. Or arequipe cake. My latest obsession is arequipe on strawberries, it's so nice to have the sweet caramel with the fresh strawberry taste.

Unfortunately the Colombians like their arequipe with cheese, which might be the only thing in the world that arequipe doesn't go well with haha. Hot arequipe with melted cheese is not a good dessert according to me (but most colombians will disagree with me).


The best arequipe is the Alpina arequipe and I'm absolutely sure of this even though I haven't tried any other brand haha. It's just that good!

So the whole purpose of this post is really to tell you that if you're ever in Colombia you have to eat arequipe!!

<3

3 comments: